Pocket NC v2-10 Spindle won’t spin up

hi,
my pocket nc wont spin up anymore. in the beginning when the problem starts to occur, i had to spin up manually from 0% up to 9000 RPM in 5% steps. now, after a 5 hour run, the machine wont spin over 6000 RPM. i hope its not broken. i got the machine refurbished and its one of the first ones. number 1355. can i replace the motor in case its broken? im very sad now…

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear that your machine is having some spindle trouble!

It sounds like it may need one or two new components so it would probably be best if you emailed us at service@pocketnc.com whenever it is convenient for you and we will get a solution figured out!

Thanks!
Q

Hi,
just wanted to give a update on my problem with the spindle motor.
i finally. found some time to take care for my pocket nc and i found the problem very quickly.
it was quite easy to find after i took the pocket nc out of its enclosure.
it was just the base plate for the hall-sensors that got loose (located on the back of the motor), luckily the screws that where flying around in the engine housing weren’t magnetic and didn’t do any damage to the motor. i screwed the plate back on and used some loctite to secure the screws. the machine works perfectly now and i have alot of fun.

That is great to hear, Paul! Thanks for the letting us know.

Have fun machining!