Using Pocket NC machine model on Fusion

Hi there,

I havent got a Pocket NC yet but want to use the post and machines to get to grips with the use of fusion before purchasing.
I have set up a part, faced it off. with the Z axis running through the centre of the job like a lathe.
When i simulate the facing operation it simulates as it should/would.
When i simulate with machine, the A axis stays in the home position? have i set it up incorrectly? i must admit there wasnt a lot of options to comunicate the stock/part model with a machine model?
Thanks in advance!

There are two key orientations that need to be set up properly in order to align your part properly. The first is in your Setup. The axes in your Setup should match the machine’s axes when A and B are 0. Then your tool path’s orientation should be set such that the axes align with the machine’s at the orientation you want to cut. It sounds like you might have your Setup’s orientation set how your tool path’s orientation should be set.

Hi John, Thanks for your reponse, you hit the nail on the head, I changed the Axes in Setup and this has changed the part to the correct orientation.
My next issue, when trying to set the tool path in the next orientation there is a box in the Geometry tab on my FACE operation ‘Tool Orientation’ it just has a blue icon with a few symbols in, its basically routing me to the subscription, is this wanting me to pay to unlock mulitple work planes? or have i done something wrong?
Thanks!
C Town

EDIT

I have since found this on Autodesk - 'More advanced manufacturing functionality such as 3+2 axis, 4 axis, and 5 axis milling will only be available in the paid subscription. ’

So i guess i’ll have to pay to play with a 5 Axis set up? can you confirm?

Thanks

I’m afraid I’m not familiar with Fusion’s pricing structure, but it does sound right that you need to pay for 5-axis features. @qrothing might know more about this.

@CTOWN you must be using the free license, correct?

The core license of Fusion 360 (~$550/year, last I checked) has 3+2 machining built in. There are also a couple pseudo 4th axis tool paths available with the core license, like wrap machining.

The machining extension (additional ~$1500/year) is needed for true 5 axis machining tool paths where 4 or more axes are moving at the same time.

Most of our customers find that they do not need true 5 axis tool paths to produce their parts so we typically recommend starting with the core license and then adding the machining extension when it is needed.